Friday, September 3, 2010

GO HAWKS!

A few months ago, Camron said to me, "Mom can we be a football watching family?" My response to him was that he was asking the wrong person! Karl doesn't really care to watch sports. He always says that he would rather be playing than watching. I think the older he gets he realizes that watching is the only option.
When I was growing up in my family of 5 girls and 1 boy, watching football is what we did. Monday night football was FHE and we loved it! I remember one specific game we were watching BYU. They were doing really well that year. I remember the scene in the living room of everyone gathered in front of the TV and something good happening and all of us girls jumping out of our seats yelling and cheering for the Cougars.
My favorite thing is to sit with my family at a Snowflake LOBO football game with homemade popcorn balls and cheer with my family.
Last night was Camron's first JV game. I had so much fun watching him! I get a little loud and excited especially when he tackles the QB or opens a hole for the ball carrier to run through! I love this game! I always wished girls were a little more welcome on the field, but then what would I have chosen? Football or Volleyball? I guess it is a good thing that was not an option.
Tonight we are going to the game for the half-time show! Austin is in the Highland Marching Band, another favorite part of the game! Austin informed us that he is going to be in the front, so we are looking forward to watching what he has been working on since July! He loves being in the band and is good at what he does! We will take pictures and post them later!
So for now, GO HIGHLAND HAWKS!

4 comments:

Auburn said...

so fun! i grew up in a football watching family and dave's not a football watcher. ;o) sounds like you have a fun season ahead between Cameron's playing and Austin's music!

Erin A said...

Wow! So are you going to be going to 2 football games each week?!

I can imagine you whooping and cheering!! You are such a great mom!

Tiffany said...

Yay for Cameron! Thats way fun to be able to watch someone you know hit someone real hard :)
And yay for football watching :) I always thought it interesting you didn't plop yourselves in front of the tv on saturday! Haha

The Russell Bustle said...

It is so fun! My last player is on the field and I want to see every minute. I will not miss the football uniform patching jobs... Bo had me work over his practice pants (he plays center and had huge holes in the crotch - not good)Then we patched up the actual uniform. He said, "Hey Mom, Brandon Glass wants you to fix his jersey"... I said, "BO!" He just got it ripped in the game on Friday... Are there any brownie buttons for the team seamstress?