Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some Things Never Change

I would have to say that the highlight of my summer was my 20 year class reunion. I totally enjoyed seeing all my high school friends. It was so fun to see these women (and men)! They have all grown up to be so beautiful! I know that they have all had their own set of trials and struggles, but they are all still the girls I knew from school. We laughed and giggled and loved seeing one another! I think we could have visited all night. I love meeting with people that you have known before and you are able to pick up right where you left off. 20 years have gone by and I am so amazed that while people can physically change they basically stay the same. I am so grateful for such good friends that helped me grow up to be the person that I am today.
I do have to pat myself on the back. I have been trying to lose weight - as most people do for their class reunion. My goal was to lose 25 lbs. We joined the gym March 22, 2010 I started running and lifting weights. I didn't think that I was going to be able to ever run again with the terrible knees that I have and I just decided to do it and come what may. When I went to my reunion July 24, 2010 I had lost a total of 29 lbs.
I started small and could barely run the mile. Last Saturday August 7th I ran 5 miles! I never in my life thought or even had the desire to run 5 miles. I don't know where this will take me, but I am going to keep going and if nothing else I will be a healthier me!

5 comments:

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Yipee for you Ann! Your reunion looked like it was really fun! I felt the same about mine. It really was fun to see the people you grew up become such wonderful grown ups. Keep up the great work with your running! I am jealous!I need to get my butt in gear and get ready for a wedding!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

The older I get I realize more and more the magnitude of having good friends and how blessed I was in high school to have the kinds of friends who made me a better person.

How fun for you to see them again and be able to reconnect!

svstuartfam said...

I am so proud of you! Keep going!! It's weird for me to think of you graduating 20 years ago, because I remember very well you hanging out with all those girls! And I remember hearing you tell us stories about them and what you all did. It always made me so excited to grow up! I've looked up to you for a long time, and still do.

Tiffany said...

That does sound like so much fun! BUT... I'm so proud of you for your weight loss! Thats so awesome! You are my hero for sticking to it! Way to go!

yvonnejudd said...

you should get signed up and come do the triathalon with me! good job! Keep up the good work!