Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 13, 2008

Karl and Austin and all the scouts just got home from their adventure to Gisela. I guess there is a really good water hole there and they had a blast. So much so that Karl is wanting to take the whole family next weekend. I am not sure, Austin said that the water is pretty cold, but you get used to it they say. I more want to go to get some prickley pears. We asked the neighbors for theirs a few weeks ago and made some yummy jam and now we want to make more!

Treston has asked Natalie Stevens if she will go to homecoming with him and she said YES! We fixed a pan with Treston's name on the bottom on the inside and then baked brownies in it and cut out the word "homecoming?" and laid it on the brownies and powder sugared the brownies. So she knew that it was for homecoming and had to eat them to see who asked her. Natalie is a grand daughter to Mr. Reed, who was my Jr. High principal. Man it is a small world! She is a skinny little cute thing and Treston will make her look like an even skinnier little cute thing. Just kidding T.J. He has also got a job at R&R Pizza as of today, but has another possible offer at Laguna Cafe and he is not sure what to do yet.

Camron is just trucking along with school and stuff. He loves Highland High and has lots of friends and fun. He make the dive team along with Treston and Treston says that Camron is better than he is. It would be fun for him to stick with it.

Austin is loving Jr. High. He leaves early for Jazz Band and is loving all of it. We never have to ask him to practice he just does it on his own. He has become quite a reader. He will sit and read when I can't pay my other children to even pick up a book.

Megan is doing well. She was just sick for a couple of days but she is good to go now. She has lots of friends in the neighborhood, as do all the kids. She just started the violin today and I think it is going to be fun to watch and see what she can do with it.

6 comments:

Lisa W said...

I was so excited when I got your email! Welcome to blogging, my friend! I think you'll find that it is a great way to stay in touch with loved ones far and near. I have also found it to be a great journaling tool as well. Not to just mention just a chance to put out there whatever you feel like telling the world! Let me know if you have any questions. I would love to share the little bit that I know.

Ann said...

Now I need to figure out how to link all my friends to me so I can jump back from one to another. I still have alot to learn.

Donna said...

Ann, This is way cute

svstuartfam said...

HAPPY DAY! Aunt Ann has a blog! I love it! That picture of you and Uncle Karl is perfect! It captures both of you so well. I'm so proud of Treston for getting his Eagle. That is a hard thing to do. So keep blogging! I look forward to reading more! love val

svstuartfam said...

I know I just left a comment but I forgot what I was also going to say...all of your kids are so talented and brave. I'm proud of each of them for trying new things and being involved. They will grow up to be well-rounded people, which is important! I love you and your family so much!

Crick Martindell said...

So did you really make prickly pear jam? Prickly pear jam has a special place in my heart! My dad's mom who has passed away used to make it all the time. She lived in Globe and as a kid I can not tell you the many times I had that at her house! She would make me peanut butter and prickly pear jam sandwiches and toast just would't be the same without it at her house!....I found some at K-mart about 3 months ago at the check out (it was a special item) and it was about $4.00 for this little bottle, but I bought it and savored every bite of it! If you have the recipe on how to do it and make it I would love you forever!...not that I won't anyway!