Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Homecoming 2008


I thought I should tell you about Treston's first big dance. First off we had to find out what color the dress was. Treston didn't want to know what it looked like so he sent me over to check it out. He was so funny about that. Anyway we picked one tie out and almost got it, but not quite so we tried again and found one at Kohl's. I liked it better because it was better for church too, so that was a bonus. He was pretty handsome after a new tie and shirt and dad polishing his shoes. I think his feet might be done growing for a while this is the first time that he has had to polish his shoes. Before, if they ever got scuffed up enough to polish them he was already grown out of them and we would just buy new ones.

Treston had to do a scuba certification class saturday morning before their "Day date". So I decided to help him out and we washed the truck and ironed his shirt. I have to admit that I got a little teary while I was ironing. I just am amazed how fast time flies with our children. It seems like yesterday that I was kneeling on the floor waiting for him to come crawling around the corner so I could chase after him.
So anyway, Karl wanted to know what is this "Day date" stuff! When we were in High School we went to (or played) the homecoming football game ran home and got a shower and went to the Homecoming dance. This is more like Prom! I guess that means we are getting old or maybe we have now received the wisdom of our parents.

They went to the new iceskating rink here in Gilbert and then to Bahama Bucks for a cool treat and then took the girls home to get ready. They picked them up around 6:15 and headed over to the Halbert's house here in our neighborhood. We gave them a little pina colada with an umbrella and pineapple on the side and then we had fixed kabobs and rice and a couple of salads for a group of 12 couples. We did a little bit of Hawaiian decorations and it ended up quite cute. After the dance they all showed up (hot and sweaty) at our house for games and a treat.




1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow Ann! Your son going to Homecoming? You are getting old! But I guess that means I am getting old to I just got started a little later than you. :o} I can't believe Treston is old enough. Sounds like lots of fun! Cute blog by the way.