Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making A Move!

Well, I have thought about this for several years. I have teased my husband and then let it go so he wouldn't feel like I was unhappy. I have wondered if I would ever live close to my family again. Recently when I made a trip home I had decided that it would never happen, and I was totally ok with that! I could handle living in the valley the rest of my life and be here when family needed to come visit. We have an incredible ward family, an amazing neighborhood, I live over the fence of where my children go to school. My kids have made great friends! They are involved with good things at school! We are comfortable here!
So moving to Snowflake comes as a shock for me! In fact it still does not seem real! I need to start packing boxes and organizing but I feel numb! Camron asked us in FHE last night if this was really going to happen. I feel the same way. We decided a week ago as a family that this was right and yet it is still as shocking to write it here as it was a week ago. We are moving to Snowflake! My kids have been amazing! Especially Camron, it being his senior year and sacrificing Senior Class Vice President, football, life long friends, a good job, the lake, 1st assistant in the preist quorum, and the list goes on and on. I have watched them all go through tears and then in almost the next moment excitement. What a roller coaster ride! We are anxious to get there and get settled before school starts.
I have always thought that people who move while their missionary is gone make it so hard for their missionary, and now here I am doing that very thing! Treston will be ok, I think he is even a little jealous. He says he doesn't care because he is moving to Baltimore. I know that he has always thought it would be great to live in Snowflake. I guess it will be something to look forward to when he comes home.
We feel so blessed to have a job that will provide for our family. I even think that Karl is excited to leave work at work instead of it following him home every night and day. He has always been self imployed, so this will be a change for him too. As for me, I can hardly wait to hang out with my family, but I have so many people here that have loved and supported me through thick and thin. I don't think I will miss being the gospel doctrine teacher:), but I will miss the kind and genuine people that I call friends but have really been more like family! I know that the Lord is in control and that this is what we are to do right now. Who knows what the future holds! I am sure it too will be full of surprises and excitement!

7 comments:

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

My heart just jumped a bit with excitement when I saw a post from you with a Lobo logo!!!! Very excited for you to get here!

Auburn said...

Crazy!! So exciting for you and your family. Life is an adventure, isn't it! Snowflake is a beautiful place, and I'm sure you'll love being close to family again. We sure will miss you here though. Luckily we have the internet so we can still keep in TOUCH!!

Barb said...

Woo Hoo the Webster's are gonna be LOBOS!! Tawnee is so excited!!! :) We are so happy for your guys!

Price Family said...

What??? WOW! I am happy for you!!!! Its sounds like its the right move for you and your family!!! We all sure love you here!

Tiffany said...

I don't know if I cry everytime I think about you moving to Snowflake because I probably won't ever get to, or if I can't believe how strong your kids are being, and realizing how important being together as a family is. Must have been something a good mom would have taught. I am so happy (and jealous) for you! Good luck with the packing!

The Russell Bustle said...

We are beyond excited for you to get here! BRING IT!
Seriously, I feel the concern in your typed words, I hope that your move here meets or exceeds your expectations. I really hope that is the best for you and your entire family. Good Luck Ann - you deserve good things in your life, you care for and bring joy to a lot of people. We love you.

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

So what takes you back "home"? If you guys need a place crash, or just need a clean potty when you bring Treston to the MTC (assuming you are bringing him), please let me know. I'll break out the vaccuum and bleach and be ready for you! Call me or hit me up on facebook!